The Staff Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and is responsible for general accounting functions for a diverse group of business entities and/or assets within a growing business. The role will perform day-to-day financial activities, along with a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation and financial reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all general accounting functions and financial support and analysis for successful operation of multiple entities.
- Perform A/R and A/P functions.
- Prepare and post general ledger transactions.
- Perform routine banking and financial transactions.
- Reconcile bank statements
- Analyze transactions and track payments; communicate with internal or external
- Assist with month-end closing and financial reporting process including account analysis
- and reconciliation.
- Process 1099 forms, or other government documents, for year-end reporting.
- Prepare financial statements and management reports.
- Assist in preparation of audit requests.
- Backup for payroll processing and accounting responsibilities of other Finance staff.
- Upon request, prepare specialized reports for management or investors.
- Monitor cash flows to maintain adequate cash position.
- Assist with developing and implementing process improvements.
- Bill review and approval
- Oversee move out accounting
- Comply with federal, state, and local regulations; and company policies and procedures
- May be required to perform other Financial Operations duties as requested by
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting or a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience as staff accountant or similar role.
- Proven accounting skills and knowledge of accounting principles and practices; knowledge of finance principles; financial reporting and technical accounting skills
- Experience in real estate development or property management is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- Attention to detail, orderly and accurate
- Able to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Flexibility handling a diverse range of responsibilities
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills - both oral and in writing.
- High degree of confidentiality
- Experience in cash accounting, preferred.
Benefits & Pay
Compensation for the Property Manager position is a base pay of $38,000/annually.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental and vision plans available
- 401K with matching
Pay: up to $38,000/year
preferred. </li></ul><p><br></p><p><strong style="font- 16px;">Benefits & Pay </strong></p><p>Compensation for the Property Manager position is a base pay of $38,000/annually
Job Reference #: PDX_RPME_089684D9-52DE-4501-A483-E4E22FFC3B49_22187813