Do you take pride in a job well done? Do you know what needs to be fixed and how to explain it to the customer? Do you coordinate people and timelines and budgets well?
Real Property Management has the perfect role for you as a Maintenance Coordinator. You will be responsible for managing the firm’s maintenance work, ensuring that the customer is confident, that our residents are safe and satisfied, and that our maintenance partners are informed and organized.
If you are good at ensuring things get done right, we want you to join our collaborative team!
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team as a Maintenance Coordinator
As an employee at Real Property Management, you are a part of a collaborative team. You will coordinate the maintenance work for a portfolio of rental properties to ensure that work gets done on time and on budget.
We provide training in all things property maintenance, and we look forward to putting your organizational and management skills to work.
Our focus is on building relationships, not just handling work orders. We want our residents to love where they live and our owners to love their investment. You will manage maintenance to ensure those outcomes are achieved.
Your Responsibilities as a Maintenance Coordinator
- Manage Maintenance - You will address incoming work orders, coordinate vendors and technicians to address the work, collect bids, get approval for the work, and coordinate the work with the residents.
- Customer Service - You will communicate with team members, vendors, residents, and sometimes property owners to ensure everyone is confident and well informed.
- Property Wellness - The team will count on you to be the resident expert on property maintenance, including preventative maintenance for common issues, seasonal property upkeep, and unit turns between residents.
- Team Development - You will train, develop, and mentor maintenance team members.
To Be Successful in this Role
- You love a job well done.
- You’re willing to learn everything you can about property management and the full process of how we do it at Real Property Management.
- You enjoy leading a maintenance effort and solving problems.
- You’re good at troubleshooting, even if you can’t be physically present at the location of the issue.
- You are patient with customers and team members, and willing to take time to explain things in terms they can understand.
- You are diligent about managing to specified standards and practices.
- You are capable of prioritizing and reprioritizing when circumstances shift.
- You are great with written and verbal communication.
- Familiarity with maintenance and/or trade work (plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc) are a plus!
Job Requirements for the Maintenance Coordinator Position
Preferred experience for the position includes:
- Working with a team and leading others.
- Familiarity with real estate investing and/or property management.
- Ability to read and understand a simple property maintenance budget.
- Experience in customer relationship management.
- Digital literacy, including managing multiple simultaneous work order or help tickets.
Benefits & Pay
Compensation for the Maintenance Coordinator position is a base pay of $38,000/annually with an addition of benefits.